On-Site Design: Kitchens
You'll cook more and better if you love your kitchen. Or at least you'll like being there more.
how does it start?
First, fill out our Design Questionnaire. Once we receive that, we will contact you via email or phone to set up an initial 1-hour meeting in your home. During that meeting we get to know you and your space; you tell us what you're thinking; and we determine together how SYI can help. Once we nail down a timeline, you will received a standard client agreement to review, sign and return with payment in full for the package of your choice. Payment must be received and client agreement must be signed before the start of the project.
In-home design is very personal. These packages reflect typical needs. If you need parts but not all of one of our standard packages, we will be happy to determine the price for us to help you in just the ways you require.
Once we are under contract, we will schedule another visit to measure and photograph your home. We will then create a Pinterest and/or Houzz board where we will develop an image dialog to hone in on your style.
what you will provide to us
- Inspiration photos/style ideas via a Pinterest board or Houzz ideabook that you create and share with us
- Feedback along the way
what we will provide to you
- Minimally 2 hours in your home: the first occurring at the start of the project, during which we discuss what you wish to achieve, and the second at which we take photos and measurements, after initial payment and contract is receieved.
- Design direction (style/look of the space).
- Depending on the space and package: floor plans and elevations; choices for hard surfaces; recommendations for furniture, accessories, fixtures and hardware.
- Design tips on making each room personal, and tips on repurposing items for your space.
We want you to love your space! In order to achieve this, we communicate with you early and often, sharing imagery and getting your thoughts about different looks and pieces before we ever present a design scheme. As such, we catch big no-no's early (like one client who loved the blue and yellow color scheme we started with but whose husband couldn't possibly live in a house dominated by his rival team's colors). You will get your design in the context of a presentation and conversation, during which we explain our choices and process and answer questions. After that presentation, we are happy to update/tweak the design with one round of revisions.
Depending on the package you choose: Connections to contractors or more extensive communication with them about the parts of the design that involve their services. The best projects are almost always the end result of good communication among homeowner, designer and contractor(s).
Any additional time outside the scope of what is outlined above will be billed at $75 per hour.