Want to redo a part of your home that doesn’t involve running water? You've come to the right place.
how does it start?
First, fill out our Design Questionnaire. Once we receive that, we will contact you via email or phone to set up an initial meeting via Skype or FaceTime. During that meeting we get to know you and your space; you tell us what you're thinking; and we determine together how SYI can help. Once we nail down a timeline, you will received a standard client agreement to review, sign and return with payment in full for the package of your choice. Payment must be received and client agreement must be signed before the start of the project.
Once we are under contract, we will ask you to email your photos and measurements. We will also create a Pinterest board where we will develop an image dialog to hone in on your style.
what you will provide to us
- Photos of several angles of your room(s).
- Measurements of the room(s), including doorways and windows. Please see this link for how to measure and photograph.
- Inspiration photos/style ideas via a Pinterest board or Houzz ideabook created by you.
- Answers to the Design Questionnaire.
what we will provide to you
- A furniture plan/room overview
- Design direction (style/look of the space)
- Purchasing recommendations of products to buy from furniture and flooring to lighting and hardware. For kitchens and bathrooms, this includes backsplash and counter suggestions, cabinetry style and finish suggestions.
- Design tips on making each room personal, with tips on repurposing items for your space.
- We want you to love your space! In order to achieve this, we communicate with you early and often, sharing imagery and getting your thoughts about different looks and pieces before we ever present a design scheme. As such, we catch big no-no's early (like one client who loved the blue and yellow color scheme we started with but whose husband couldn't possibly live in a house dominated by his rival team's colors). You will get your design in the context of a presentation and conversation, during which we explain our choices and process and answer questions. After that presentation, we are happy to update/tweak the design with one round of revisions.
Any additional time outside the scope of what is outlined above will be billed at $75 per hour.